Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 24: Great Balls of Dates!

Sorry for the delay in the posting of Day 24. Yesterday was a busy evening. I went to my first Tai Chi class. I was the youngest person there by about 25 years =) It was an hour long class and the teacher was wonderful. She took us through slow deliberate movements that were more challenging than they looked. By the end, I was exhausted. Will I go back? Absolutely!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and a couple of strawberries

Snack: Blueberries and Almond butter and apple slices

Lunch: Turkey stir fry with mixed veggies (asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)

Snack: An avocado and a couple dried apricots

Dinner: Easy Skillet Scallops and Spinach (Everyday Paleo, 105). This was a yummy easy meal. I love scallops and the kids even enjoyed them (it was a bit harder to get them to eat the spinach). We made them some veggie fried rice just in case they didn't eat the scallops, but they actually ended up eating both.


Dessert: Great Balls of Dates (Everyday Paleo, 218). I know that dates don't necessarily go with scallops, but this was a fun little dessert option that I have been looking forward to trying since I got the book. It involves medjool dates (seeds removed), almond butter, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon and coconut flakes. They were actually pretty tasty and not as sweet as I imagined they would be. The kids thought they were fun and are looking forward to having a couple more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment