Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 30: Challenge Complete!

Today was the final day of my challenge! I didn't have a whole lot planned menu-wise. Scott wanted to pick the last meal of the challenge so he picked Better Butter Chicken. It looked like a good choice and he had been wanting to try it for awhile.

Breakfast: I woke up and had 2 eggs and some left over spaghetti squash.

Snack: A small bag of almonds and a pear/spinach and peas pouch.

Later snack: I was on the run and the avocado I wanted to eat for part of my lunch wasn't ready yet so I had half of a banana and a few cashews (to offset the sugar from the banana).

Lunch: I finally got to sit down for lunch and had some canned salmon, the other half of the banana and a small piece of Trader Joe's very high percentage dark chocolate (no soy or extra junk included).

Snack: Apple slices

*Got in a nice long walk today. The temperature was brisk, but the sun and you could feel it's warmth.

Dinner: Better Butter Chicken on a bed of red chard (Everyday Paleo, 57) and steamed carrots. I can't compare this recipe to any other butter chicken recipes, but I was very happy with how this one turned out. The chicken was very tasty (dare I say buttery) and the red chard was a nice touch. We actually used ghee (clarified butter) instead of real butter, but it did the trick. I felt bad for Scott. He had a bit of a cold, which affected his taste, so he couldn't get the full flavor of the chicken. Guess we will have to make it again, soon!

Dessert: Sliced mango

Now that the challenge is complete, I feel like I should have a whole reflection or summary ready to post and quite truthfully I don't, not yet. I need a little time to think about where I was 30 days ago and where I am now. I also am still thinking about how I will continue. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment